Monday, December 17, 2012

Heart Burn

I have "heart burn" and not the kind that is cured with Tums. I am laying here on top of my bed looking at all of the unpacking that I still need to do and processing my life over the past week.

I am so happy that I feel tears welling up in my eyes...my heart is pounding and it is burning. Have you ever felt this alive? I am not sure that I have. I have been digging myself out of snow for the past week and I am enamored by it every time. I am more amazed that I am enamored by it. I am a new creature. I can see it in my actions and reactions.

How can a God love me so much?

Christmas is just around the bend and my heart burns with love at the thought of Mary pregnant with the Christ. I swell with admiration at the obedience of Joseph. I sit in awesome wonder at what the shepherds may have felt when seeing baby Jesus so newly entered into this world. Oh what a glorious sight that had to be. The world would never be the same.

Everything in life, at that point, was leading to the cross and everything since looks back to the cross.

Yet, those shepherds, the wise men and even Mary and Joseph likely didn't comprehend the magnitude of the impact that Christ would have on the world. Do I even comprehend it? I think not. I think so finite and God is so infinite.

I see Him here. I see His radiance shining through in every star in the sky, in the shimmer off the snow, in the elk running free. I see it in Oscar as he looks like a puppy bouncing through the snow. Where I haven't yet seen Him prevalent is in the people.

There is work to be done. I feel like Jonah right now...I don't want to run the other way...but I am certainly initimidated by a people that have somehow forgotten God.

I have heart burn right now...with amazement of a majestic King and a pain of a lost people.

Heart burn that cannot be cured by Tums.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Michelle, I have that heart burn often, I have always assumed that is the Holy Spirit directing me and when I take action on that the pain subsides for a short time. I have asked my self many times How can God love me so much and I heard the other night in our bible study at least part of the answer, it is not because of our past works we can not earn God's Love not in our human flesh. We are His children and for this He loves us so... I mailed you a card and a wonderful book just today that I think you will find much wisdom in, the book is "The Knowledge of the Holy" by A. W. Tozer. This blog is such a blessing Michelle, if my comments are too long and too often please tell me....

    ReplyDelete